boys Bowling Regulations
- There are 11 boys teams and 12 girls teams competing in the championships.
- Teams will be allowed ten bowlers on their roster.
- Practice in the Preliminary Round will be 15 minutes (7 ½ minutes per lane). For those teams participating in the Baker Round, practice will be 5 minutes each side before the 1st Round Only.
- The three game total pins will determine rankings for the bracket.
- The top eight boys teams and the top eight girls teams will advance to the Baker game part of the competition.
- After the three games of bowling, there will be a short break. This will give the Tournament Directors time to tally and verify all of the scores. The boys teams will be ranked 1-11, the girls 1-11. If there is a tie, the team with the highest last game will get the higher ranking.
- There will be a coaches meeting in the tournament office at 1:00 p.m. At this time the honor teams for boys and for girls will be selected. The following honors will be determined at this meeting by the coaches in attendance:
- 8 All-Catholic honors to the top eight scoring bowlers from the preliminaries.
- 23 (11 boys, 12 girls one per team) All-League, as selected by the Catholic League Coaches.
- 23 (11 boys, 12 girls one per team) All-Academic, as selected by the Catholic League Coaches.
- The above individuals will be publicly recognized and presented a medal just prior to the start of the championship round at 1:30 p.m.
- Baker match-play will begin at 2:00 p.m.
- The Baker Format uses the lead-off bowler to bowl frames 1 and 6, the second bowler to bowl frames 2 and 7, and so on. One substitution will be allowed each Baker game. The position of each bowler in the line-up may be changed for each game.
- Teams will bowl the best two out of three game Baker sets until a champion is determined.
- Tournament Officials reserve the right to settle all disputes the day of the tournament. Their decisions will be final.
- If bowling unopposed, the 1st bowler cannot start the next frame until the 5th bowler is finished.
- Bowlers shall observe traditional bowling courtesy for bowlers on adjacent lanes. NO ENCROCHMENT! Taunting, profanity and intimidating conduct are not allowed. Players cannot approach to congratulate or celebrate the accomplishment of a fellow team member during bowling.
All other Rules and Regulations regulated by the M.H.S.A.A. and National Federation Rule Books set forth are in effect. When in doubt, call League Office (313-237-5960).