boys Lacrosse Regulations
- All contests shall be played according to MHSAA Playing Rules.
- No game shall be postponed or canceled for any reason other than lightning or dangerous weather conditions or snow depth which would obscure a ground ball. Games suspended after 3 quarters will be considered final. Games ended earlier than the end of 3 quarters will continue from the point of suspension.
- A ten goal mercy rule after 3 quarters shall apply. A team shall be declared winner and the contest ended after 3 quarters if a team is ahead by ten or more goals after the 3rd period. Teams may, by mutual agreement, finish the game with a running clock.
- An 18 goal travesty rule shall apply. A team shall be declared winner and the contest ended after one quarter, or any time thereafter if a team is ahead by eighteen (18) or more goals. Teams may, by mutual agreement, finish the game with a running clock.
- Outside the defined Lacrosse season during the school year, a coach may coach a maximum of 3 students from the same school from Monday the week of August 15 through to the last day of the school year. During the Summer a coach may coach a maximum of 7 students from the same school from the day school ends to Monday the week of August 15.
- Post games protocol: At the conclusion of each contest the competing teams shall immediately gather and give the opponent a positive cheer, and line up for hand shake greeting.
- Officials are to sign the scorebook at the conclusion of each game and observe the post game protocol, not leaving the field until both teams have completed shaking hands.
If a tie occurs in the sectional standings, the winner will be decided as follows:
- If two teams are tied, the winner of the league game between the two will place higher in the standings.
- If more than two teams are tied with the same sectional records, the standings/winner will be decided by comparing the margin of victory up to eight (8) goals in the contests between the tied teams. Loss equals zero.
- If a tie still exists, then the above margin of victory system of plus eight (8) goals will be applied to all common league opponents.
- If a tie still exists, then the team winning the last league contest between the tied teams will be declared the higher team in the standings/winner.
- If a tie still exists, then the team scoring the last goal in the last league contest between the tied teams will be declared the higher team in the standings/winner.