girls Swimming Regulations
(Executive Athletic Board approved 9-8-15)
- The League Office recommends that all swim coaches be registered in the State as a swim official.
- A registered-certified lifesaving person should be present at all practices and meets.
- A student may not enter the Championship Meet if his or her high school does not have a team entered in the Catholic League. The League Director may grant waiver provided League Fees are paid.
- A contestant having been entered in any event may not be scratched or withdrawn from this event and the entry changed to another event.
- The EVENTS and their ORDER will be determined by the ratification of the Michigan High School Athletic Association.
- Admission fees to the Championship Meet will be set by the Catholic League Director.
- A contestant may compete only in the legal number of events.
- Each school may enter four (4) contestants in each event. One (1) card for each contestant in Individual Events.
- The number of divers may not be more than four (4) from each school. Each contestant shall submit a list of their dives on the entry form.
- For relays, only one (1) team from each school allowed in the Championship Meet.
- There shall be no changes in the relay teams after you have qualified for the Finals, unless they are on your entry sheet.
- A diver cannot change his/her dives after the preliminaries begin. Each diver must deliver, before the preliminaries begin, a statement of his/her dives to the Meet Director, the day of the Meet. However, divers names must be entered on the entry form.
- No practice will be allowed until two (2) hours before the Meet, at the Championship site.
- Catholic League Swim records may be set in the preliminaries or Finals of the Meet.
- The eight (6) (8) best contestants, in all swim events, will qualify for the Finals.
- Lanes for the preliminaries and the Finals will be assigned by having the fastest time placed on the center line and so on to the outside lanes.
- Championship Scoring:
- Free Style and Medley Relays: 32-26-24-22-20-18-14-12-10-8-6-4-2
- Individual Events: 16-13-12-11-10-9-8-5-4-3-2-1
- Dual Meets: scoring per National Federation Rule Book.
- In the Case of ties, the points will be divided equally.
- Deadline date for Swim Championship entries will be one (1) week prior to the preliminary date. Late entries will not be accepted, and will deprive a swimmers chance to compete.