girls Volleyball Regulations
- A maximum of 15 players per team is allowed.
- League assigns all officials for league matches.
- Playoffs and championships are conducted under the direction of the league director.
- All varsity matches are best-of-five up to 25 points, no cap. This includes playoffs and championships. If needed, all fifth and deciding games are to 15-points. Junior varsity matches are best-of-three to 25 points, including the third and deciding game.
- Home teams are responsible for paying officials.
- Dates, times or league matches can not be changed after the master schedule is printed without the approval of:
- the league director.
- payment of previous contracted officials.
- opponent's approval.
- If a sub-varsity team is sponsored, they play first; no more than 20 minutes between contests. Teams, by mutual agreement, may start sooner, but not later.
- Game time is forfeit time (See penalties for forfeit, CHSL Regulation 10)
- All league scheduled dates take precedent over all non-league events.
- All standards are to be according to regulations in rule book.
- All other rules and regulations regulated by Michigan High School Athletic Association, National Federation rule books and Catholic League regulations set forth in other sections of manual, are in effect.
- In the event two or more teams are tied in the standings for divisional championship or playoff seeding: If B beat A (and/or C) in a majority of matches, B is declared winner. If the tied team split matches evenly, the team that won the greater number of games in those matches shall be declared the winner. If a tie still exists, the team that wins their matches in the fewest number of sets would be declared the winner. If a tie still exists, the team with the greater margin of victory in the games won by the match winner only the scores of the games won the match winner, in the contests between the tied teams only, shall be counted. (Board Approved 11/6/2006)
Team A 8 7 25 25 15 Team B 25 25 11 17 13 14 8 2 A: 24 points
Team A 25 11 9 25 7 Team B 14 25 25 17 15 14 16 8 B: 28 points
Team B declared divisional winner (38 points), advances to playoffs.
- If a tie still exists, the scores of the games against all common divisional opponents will be used. Only the scores of games won by the match winner will be counted.
- Still tied: revert back to margin of victory in the games won against the next highest finisher not involved in the tie break.
- Still tied: revert back to margin of victory in the games lost to all divisional opponents or against the next highest finisher not involved in the tie break.